What is a "Combination" Resume?
A combination resume shows how your skills and experiences were put to work. It has employers focus on the value you will bring to their company when they hire you.
This is the best format to use when you have little work experience and/or gaps in your employment.
Example of a Combination Resume
Download this template: Combination Resume Template Doc
More templates to pick from!
Provided by AmeriCorps VISTA at Z.J. Loussac Library Job Lab. For help with your resume and the job search, contact Sarah McBryde: (907)343-2911 or e-mail: McbrydeS@muni.orgDownload: Will Smith Template
Download: Popeye the Sailor Template
How to create your resume using a Combination template
1) Download a free resume template from the selection above.
- Your computer will open the default document editor (Microsoft Word or Text Editor).
- If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can also use Google Drive. It is a free service that is like Microsoft Office and is included with your Gmail account.
*If you do not have a Gmail account, create one here. Select Go To Docs, then select More Options when it asks you to sign in. Upload your template (or any other document) and you can edit it there.
2) Replace the information in the template with your own.
- Make sure to fill out each section and delete the extra information that you don't have to include.
3) Double check the information you added and make sure there are no spelling errors or mistakes
- Ask someone to look at your resume and see if they find any mistakes.
- Take a look at the Related Services section to the right of this screen and use the free services to make sure that your resume best reflects your awesomeness!
4) Print and email your resume to yourself.
- In the event that you need to redo your resume, you already have a great starting point.
Congratulations!! You have a high quality resume and are ready to impress!