What is it?
Affordable, low-cost housing
Provide support services to people who are homeless or close to it
Help people be more self-sufficient and move toward independent living on their own.
Each transitional living housing services will vary.
Services provided can be from substance abuse treatment, psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc.
Cost: Generally affordable and low-cost housing, varies by location.
How do I get it?
- Check out your options in Anchorage from the listings below
- Call the housing services below, and ask if you qualify.
- OR Visit a transitional housing office in person and the front desk will help
- OR dial 2-1-1 and ask for help with Transitional shelters
Transitional housing in Anchorage
1. Akeela US- (907) 433-7080 - Call First for Eligibility!
- Provides affordable, safe, and drug and alcohol-free living
- Treatment programs
- help with finding employment
- Must fill out Intake Form. (Download Packet & Application)
2. Shiloh Community Housing
- (907) 770-2993
3. Oxford House
- Complete the Application
4. Lutheran Social Services
- (907) 272-0643 - Housing Application
- Provides men for preparation for sustainable employment and housing.
- Our program supports residents to develop and maintain a healthy and stable lifestyle.
- Turn in the application to the main office at: 1303 W.33rd Ave. Anchorage, AK 99501
5. SouthCentral Foundation, Willa's Way
- (907) 729-6300
- Comprehensive safe home program for victims of domestic violence.
- Serves Alaska Native and American Indian women and their children who are homeless due to domestic violence.
6. Abused Women's Aid in Crisis
- 24-hour crisis line:
- AWAIC maintains a shelter where victims of domestic violence and their children may seek help anytime they are in danger.