Are you looking for a passport in Alaska? Things to know:
- Alaska passport offices are located at your local post offices, courthouse buildings, county clerk offices and other government appointed facilities.
- You will need to schedule an appointment at the facility to submit your application.
- Alaska Passport Agency hours may vary and may exclude Federal Holidays.
The Anchorage Passport offices are located at the United States Post Office in:
- Downtown Anchorage USPS station - (907) 279-4016 - 344 W 3rd Ave Anchorage, AK 99501-2317
- Eagle River - (907) 694-2732 - 11471 Business Blvd Eagle River, AK 99577-9998
- Girdwood - (907) 783-2922 - 118 Lindblad Ave Anchorage, AK 99587-9800
- Sand Lake - (907) 349-7576 - 2200 Strawberry Rd Anchorage, AK
How long does it take to get a passport?
- Usually, has a 4 to 6 week processing time.
- With Alaska passport expediting service, about 2 or 3 weeks.
Step by Step Passport Instructions. Choose your type:
- Completely New Passport
- Renewing your Passport
- Passport for Children
- Replace your Passport
- Changing your Name
- Lost Passport
- Get a Passport Card
For more types of passport, check the US Passport Help Guide.
Things to know about getting a Passport
*If you are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and you do not have any ideas, starting with a passport is not a recommended route due it to its costly nature and long time frame for getting an ID.
- The process of applying and getting your passport in the US can be complicated.
- You must set time for the process and make sure you have provided the necessary requirements for a passport application.
- When applying for the first time for a passport in the US, there will be extra things to provide for the application.