What are free work clothes programs?
- Programs that pay for or provide new or secondhand uniforms or other working clothes.
- Programs such as "Dress for Success" that provide suits for job interviews and other professional attire
- These programs are for any one with low income, who need this type of clothes to get and keep a great job!
How to get free work clothes from a non-profit center
- Call first! Ask the organization if they have clothes available
- Visit, in person, the organization during their open times.
- They may ask you to fill out a small form or application.
- After completing a quick form, you will be able to pick one outfit to use for your job search.
Where to find free or cheap work clothing:
The two most common ones are:
1. Akeela: Wild Iris Clothes Closet- Call (907) 433-7080 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides professional clothing FOR WOMEN in need.
- Baby clothing and diapers when available.
- Clients can pick up clothing once a month.
360 W Benson Boulevard Second Floor
Anchorage, AK 99503
2. Downtown Soup Kitchen Hope Center - (907) 277-4302
- Household goods
- Personal Services
- Free meals
Other places that you can get free work clothes from:
Good news! Most non-profit job centers will have professional work clothes that are provided for their clients. Call any of the non-profits below to learn how to get professional work clothes for your interview.
For more listings, call Alaska 211 by dialing: 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221