Lifeline is a government benefit program that enables qualified low-income consumers to receive discounted service on either a wireless or landline phone.
- GCI does not charge an initial installation or activation fee.
- To qualify for Lifeline service, an applicant may be eligible via Income or Program Eligibility.
- To qualify on the basis of income, the applicant’s annual household income must be at or below 135% of the applicable federal poverty guidelines for Alaska for a household of that size. Find out more here.
Am I Eligible for this program?
There are two ways that you can be qualified:
- Show proof that you meet the income criteria for Alaska.
- OR show proof of participation in one of the following public assistance programs:
- Food Stamps (Alaska Quest Card)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Head Start Program (if you qualify under income criteria)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
How to Apply:
Two ways! You can either:
- Call them: For Anchorage: (907) 265-5400
- Visit the store in person. There are several locations in the Muni of Anchorage as shown below:
- Heads up! Mountain View Location is temporarily closed! Call before going in person to any of these listed locations.
Residential Customer Service
If you are in Anchorage, call: 907-265-5400
State of Alaska: 800-800-4800
All Location Hours:
Closed on all major holidays