General Relief Assistance

General Assistance is available if your need cannot be met by another program or service. You can qualify for general assistance if your household has less than $500 in resources and no means to get help from any other program or credit. 

You also must have an immediate and specific need for this money like:

  • a need for shelter (you have an eviction notice)
  • utilities (you got a shut off notice)
  • food or clothing 
  • burial

You can apply for General Assistance by filling out the Department of Public Assistance's form


Save this page

Other questions? Talk to someone now:
211 Logo